Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Thursday 30 June 2011

Tit for Tat.

A while back some pals introduced me to the most fascinating place... A ice cream- forward slash - tattoo parlour!
AMAZING!
Lapping up my two scoops, I sat gorping at these red faced pour souls exposing there doodle pad bods,
and thought 'what the devil is going on'.

So chaps..
Do you love them? Do you hate them?
Personally I think there hot as hell, but then I try to think of a single one that ive actually ever liked or found significant for that matter and I just cant.

Exhibit A: My best friend has a jovial, running carrot on her stomach.

These things spread like wild fire. People say there only going to get one but just like pringles 'once you pop you cant stop'. In no time at all they'll be back on the net googling the latest zaniest idea, like a camel on your toe or something really meaningful like a coldplay lyric......



There are a million and one reasons to get tattoo's, a sense of liberation, a teen-fad, wanting to remember a certain place or memory. And for those with Amnesia you could always get your kids name or even better ...your own.
but I honestly think with some people, it goes much deeper than the flesh. I believe that some people feel so empty inside that they try to fill up on the outside what they are lacking on the inside. That's why we wear makeup, dye our hair different colours, follow fashions and yes tattoo.

But there is also the 'Art' and just because someone may not completely understand it doesn't mean jack.
Its so easy to make judgement of a stranger with tattoos all over there skin and begin to form opinions of them based on nothing.
However, if you should give that person the time of day you may hear a beautiful story of struggle, heartache, love or even accomplishment. 
People have begun to put the feelings and life views out as an artful expression in the form of a tattoo.

Im not going to lie I almost found my self with a tongue piercing in the heat of the moment back at that parlour. A mix of 'living for the moment', 'peer-pressure' and a sugar rush over load, I guess.
So I really can empathise with the poor youths marked . 'Zante 08'


Bad Tat


Good Tat
The stunning. Arrabella Drummond.



And this is my very own example of weakness on my first holiday romance.

This is what i asked for:


This is what I got:


Yes...I did pay 40euros for this.
oh dear.
oh dear.

1 comment:

  1. I mostly dislike tattoos, but I have had one since the age of 18, which I love and don't regret for one second! It's very small, just a pretty symbol on my foot, so mostly goes unnoticed (and is rarely even edited out of photos - most people don't know it's there!). I've wanted something on my palm (thumb pad) for a long time (again something very small and inoffensive; but proves they are addictive), but the tattoists I asked at the time refused to do it as the skin renews itself too quickly there. Maybe way off in the future I'd consider it again.

    BTW, 'doodle pad bods' - excellent phrase. :-)

    ReplyDelete