Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Monday 2 January 2012

A camel called Michael Jackson

Happy 2012, blogging friends! 
I would firstly like to apologise for my lack of gleeful yuletide wishes to you all. I have had my world-wide-web wrists slapped by the Facebook Gods, after Mr.Jobs-Worth took it upon him self to report Ashley Cameron's assfull image.
Personally I dont know what the problem is? Who doesn't love a good 'two scoop" snap?
Big Butts aside...
Ive kicked this year off with a predictably clumsy bang.

It all began, when a wee bit of self inflicted thermal stress, resulted in the shattering of glass shelves in my my now not so useful fridge. "Damn you boiling container of pineapple jelly!"...I knew I should of listened to those test-tubelicous, bunsen burning preachers at school.

In a close second place, was a cringeworthy, excessive natter too long on the dog and bone....meanwhile ice cream starts to pee from the microwave...(Note to brain...20 seconds will suffice, not 2minutes.)

And last but certainly not least.. Is that 'what was I thinking' moment when I nip out for toothpaste and come back with decorations, gift wrap and mere-cat adorned cards for xmas 2012...
....Theres nothing like being prepared... :/

The resoloutions I think I'd like to acheive but no I wont...

1. STOP THINK AND BREATH....when freaking out that you cant find your phone and then realise that your on the phone.
2. Remove the words... Like, and basically from every other word in my sentences.
3. Successfully cook 1 edible meal....(As much as I love the idea of a finely preened housewife who has her husbands slippers readily warmed for when he gets home from work, Im just the kind of girl who burns a salad)
4. Look both ways when crossing the road.
5. Up the ante on the organisational front...Phone in the fridge, Charger in the cookie jar, just wont do.
6.Wiz those damn pink wellingtons Ive been rocking since 06' in the bin!
Image copyright: Dave Hunt

As you can see these annoying little peculiarities all pretty much fall under the same tree...so I think the overall conclusion is just "Pull your self together Raphaella!".


1. What did you do this year that you've never done before?
a.Trying exotic meats other than chicken...(What an amazing world of food is out there!..Its like blind date with my mouth every night)  Pigs in blankets, where have you been my whole 20 previous years?
b.Riding a camel called 'Michael Jackson" through the Sahara 

2.Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I never keep them...In fact I don't even remember what last years where..


3. Any new births this year? Im sure theres been millions but not in my family...


4. Did anyone close to you die? My goodness no, Ive been very blessed.




5. What countries did you visit this year? HongKong, Jamaica, Holland, Norway, Morocco, Belgium, USA, Germany, Portugal, France, Ireland, Spain...It sounds so much but actually feels so little!!?


6. What would you like to have in the next year that you lacked this year? A cool million


7. What date from this year will remain etched upon your memory - and why? January 30th...I missed my CT scan....(& Ive had it in the ear every day since)


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
a.Starting my own buisness
b.Surviving till 2012...(after a psychic predicted I wouldn't)

9. What was your biggest failure of the year?
a.Not being the best me I could be.
b.Shooting with Lee Cropper

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
a.Porely kidneys..ouch!
b.Porley ears...ouch!
...but as a whole its been my healthiest...most accident prone free year to date...woop! woop!

11. What was the best thing you bought this year?

Festival tickets...not portable loos.


12. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Kim Kardashian 

13. Where did most of your money go this year?
a.Education
b.Investments
c.Holidays

14. What did you get really, really, really excited about this year? New homes, new beginnings.

15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- happier or sadder? Happier
- richer or poorer? Richer
- thinner or fatter? Thinner


16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
a.I wish I had travelled more (same old story)
b.I really wish id helped more people.


17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
a.Worried less
b.Stop over Analysing the crap out of everything

18. How did you spend the holidays?
Eating, Snuggling, David Attenborough marathons, Partying, Charades and Peppermint spraying all those other looney-leave-the-shopping-till-the-night-before-buyers.


19. What was your favorite TV program for the year?
a.Frozen Planet..(of course), 
b.Desperate Housewives.. ("Hello 6th January!") 
c.Big-Bang-Theory ...( I plan to marry Leonard...but can you     believe he's 38!)

d.90210.. (cringe/guilty pleasure)


20.Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Don't be silly. Hate causes wrinkles. 

21.What was the best book you read this year?
ahhh...Eleanor Rigby by the Vancouver born wizard of words..   Douglas Coupland


22. What was your favourite film of the year?
The Box office left a lot to be desired for. Where the hell where all our usual summer blockbusters?
Im probably gonna vote, Black Swan...It sounds uberly cliche coming from a dancer I know, but the truth is that it has ball all to do with the dancing (most of which Natalie Portman didn't do) Its the characterisation I fell for. Its the only film I have ever been able to relate to as a dancer. I actually hate most dance films and a great deal of musicals to be perfectly honest.... do I really want to listen to you singing about how comfy your chair is?

23. How would you describe your personal fashion concept this year?

Not my finest year lets be honest, but Im slowly giving birth to my accessories fetish once more.


24. Whom did you miss this year?
Too many people. Its so sad actually.... Damn you chains of society.

25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned for this year.
a.If in doubt, GET OUT!
b.Speak your mind. Even if your voice shakes.
c.Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.


On that note...have a little goosey at some of the stuff that I and a few other talented individuals have been busy creating lately.
This first black and white batch is by the brilliant Britalicus.

A splash of dreamlike artistry from the talented Rebecca Parker
More Monochrome magic by the wonderful Pierus.
As you can see at the top of this page, ( in big, fat, red, bold, writing) I have listed my travel plans for 2012. So if I am in your area/or not and you would be interested in working with me in 2012 please do drop me a line, with your ideas.
 I would be most delighted to hear from you.

Best wishes for 2012, I look forward to working with you soon.
Raphaella withlove...x

No comments:

Post a Comment